- -We bribe Dylan with 2 jelly beans every night to get him to watch a movie in his room instead of ours when we are getting him ready for bed
-We bribe Dylan with stickers and tattoos to get him to behave in any given situation
-We bribe Dylan with the ability to wear cool underwear if he will pee and poop in the potty (speaking of which, I have to go out and find some Bob the Builder underwear as a reward if he pees in the potty all day at daycare today)
-We bribe Dylan with a treat (cheap toy or special candy) if he behaves in the store
-We threaten Dylan with timeout (and follow through when needed)
-We threaten Dylan that we aren't going to see whoever he wants to see if he doesn't behave (i.e. Nana, Papa, Grandma, Poppy, Aunt Mindi, Uncle Scott, Ty)
Now, he's two and I know that he eventually needs to learn how to behave without bribery and threats, but it's working for now. (And, don't we all still react to bribery and threats just in grander forms - raises, bonuses, termination, jail).
Once he's a little older I want to establish a rewards chart. This way, he can work toward a reward for consistent good behavior. He just doesn't grasp the concept right now. I guess the reward/bribe still needs to be immediate right now.

3 comments:
It's all good. I bribe Haley to let me go running every morning. LOL
FYI - bribery & threats work on husbands too.
;)
I bribe Julia with jube-jubes every day. It's all good. :)
Post a Comment