Actually, I think we all may sleeping a little better this way. Before I slept in Dylan's room, he would usually wind up in our bed by about 2:00 AM. This added up to 3 people in a queen size bed and 1 of those people (can you guess who?) likes to sleep sideways in the bed. Dylan sleeping with us just recently started disturbing my sleep. (Man, that kid is getting tall.) So, I thought the best solution when he came into our room in the middle of the night would be to take him back to his room and lie down with him until he fell back asleep. Problem is, by the time he falls back asleep, I am too far-gone to make it back to our room. So, I wind up sleeping the majority of the night with Dylan.
I don't remember ever getting a solid night of sleep on my own (without the aid of medication), so maybe that is finally catching up to me. Maybe I should go in for one of those sleep study things. You know, I hardly ever dream. And, no I don't mean that I don't remember my dreams (like so many people try to convince me - why can't they believe that I would know whether or not I dreamed). When I do dream, I remember that I dreamed - maybe not what I dreamed about, but definitely the fact that I did actually dream. But I dream very rarely. Does that mean that I am not getting to the deep, recuperative sleep state? Am I only ever getting to a light sleep? Is this why I wake up so often at night? Who knows, maybe one day I will go in for that sleep study and find out. Until then, yes, I am tired.

2 comments:
Being tired sucks...but that picture? Cracks me up.
And you can now understand why I still sleep with Grace every night. OUR bed is only a full size bed. LOL! ;)
Eh. Get as much sleep as you can with whomever you can is how I feel.
Post a Comment