Thursday, March 23, 2006

Update on Nephew

He is going home today. He was diagnosed with RSV (apparently it was something different last time he was in the hospital and MIL got mixed up when she passed the information on to me), in addition to several other respiratory conditions (SIL said that there are about 6 or 7 official diagnosises on the discharge papers). But he has been off of oxygen for 24 hours and doing great. The doctor still fully expects to see them back in the hospital in the next couple of months simply due to the compromised state of his lungs at this time.

3 comments:

jeanne_bean said...

Geez, Lisa, how scary. I'll keep your nephew in my prayers.

Allison said...

I'm so glad he's home now. I hope the doctors are wrong and he doesn't end up back in the hospital. :(

Emily said...

Ugh...well, if it helps my Spencer had serious infant lung issues, and now he is a normal 5 y/o terror..

((hugs)) to your nephew...