Friday, March 03, 2006

50 Things About Me

  1. Until I went to college, I had only lived in one house.
  2. Since I went to college, I have lived in 2 dorm rooms, 2 apartments, 1 townhouse, and 1 house.
  3. My first memory is my mom being pregnant with my little brother and feeling him kick.
  4. Other than this memory, I have no recollection of being an only child.
  5. My “little” brother is 3 years, 10 months, and 2 weeks younger than me and he is about 6 feet tall.
  6. Growing up, I didn’t realize how little money my parents had.
  7. Now, I really wonder how the heck they made it.
  8. Now that I work and am a mom, I don’t understand how my mom had time to cook dinner every night.
  9. I do, however, realize it was a necessity since we couldn’t just go out to pick up dinner (see # 4 and because we lived about 15-20 miles away from the closest fast food joint).
  10. I went to a private school K – 3rd grade.
  11. My grandmother was the school secretary at the school that I went to in 4th grade.
  12. That might be the only reason I was able to survive the transition.
  13. I learned how to shoot a gun when I was in 6th or 7th grade.
  14. I killed a deer when I was in 7th grade.
  15. I don’t think I ever went hunting again. I wasn’t traumatized or anything, I just hated getting up that early in the morning.
  16. I still hate getting up early in the morning.
  17. I hate surprises.
  18. The most angry I have ever been at my dad (disregarding all things divorce related) was when he planned a surprise party for me for my 16th birthday. I didn’t speak to him for days.
  19. I had 3 different cars before I graduated from high school: an Oldsmobile Cutlas Supreme (burned up in a garage fire), a Dodge Daytona (wrecked), and a Pontiac Le Mans (wrecked, but not until after graduation).
  20. I was valedictorian of my graduating class (Class of 1995).
  21. I hated high school and almost didn’t walk for graduation.
  22. Someone convinced me that if I didn’t walk I would regret it (and I was supposed to give a speech).
  23. I now know I wouldn’t have regretted not walking, but I don’t regret walking either. It’s just a non-issue.
  24. I said as soon as I graduated that I wouldn’t go to any reunions.
  25. I didn’t go to my 10year reunion.
  26. I didn’t walk for my college graduations (B.B.A. or M.B.A.).
  27. I don’t regret it.
  28. If any of my children ever ask me if it’s okay if they don’t walk for any graduation, I will still probably try to convince them to do it.
  29. The only friends that I have remained in contact with from middle school, high school, or college are guys or family.
  30. When I graduated from college in May 1999 (B.B.A), I swore I would never go back to school.
  31. I started my M.B.A. in January 2001, at night while working full-time.
  32. I finished my M.B.A. in July 2002.
  33. I enjoyed my M.B.A. classes 10x more than my B.B.A. classes.
  34. I prefer to have a man as a boss. It’s just an added bonus if he has kids.
  35. I hate to be micromanaged.
  36. I have a messed-up self-image.
  37. Growing up, I was always concerned about my weight. Looking back now, I shouldn’t have worried about it because (with the exception of my fashion choices) I looked pretty good most of the time. As a matter of fact, the times that I thought I was at my best weight, I actually looked like a skeleton (and I still thought it wouldn’t hurt to lose another 10 lbs.).
  38. As sad as it is, I used to always wish I had to the will power to be anorexic to lose weight and then be able to stop.
  39. I didn’t realize that it doesn’t work that way.
  40. I am grateful now that I didn’t go down that road.
  41. Since I have graduated from college, I have had 4 jobs.
  42. I have never worked less than 1 year or more than 2 years at any of those jobs.
  43. I have been at my current job for 2 years as of last week.
  44. Because of this (among other things), I am wondering if it is time to look for a new job.
  45. I didn’t realize how much I would love my children until Dylan was born.
  46. When he was in the hospital after he was born (premature), I would get extremely pissed off when my MIL would freely admit she didn’t want to get attached to him in case something bad happened.
  47. I never believed anything bad would happen. I knew he would come home and he would be fine (I just didn’t know when).
  48. I worry about the transition from 1 child to 2 children, but I can’t wait to make it.
  49. I don’t have an opinion on a lot of issues.
  50. This bothers my husband.

1 comment:

mamatulip said...

I look back on pictures of myself and I wonder why I worried so much about my weight. I looked good. It's sad that I didn't see that at the time.

And I never have and don't plan on going to any of my reunions...and I didn't go to my college graduation, either. :)