Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend in Review


Who went: Dylan and I - Jason stayed home and wound up getting really, really sick. So sick that he couldn't/wouldn't play with Dylan at all when we got home because we were afraid he would get Dylan sick.

Where we went: South GA - where my mom, dad, brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and most of my cousins live

How long it took to get there: 4 hours

Who we saw: My mom (Grandma), my dad (Papa), my brother, (Uncle Mike), my grandparents (Mammaw and Granddaddy), my uncle (Uncle Allen), my aunt (Aunt Judy), my cousin (Kim), and Kim's daughters (Makayla and Brinsley)

What Dylan saw for the 1st time up close and personal: tractors, school buses, cows, horses, mules, chickens, and inactive electric fences (Dylan started running toward the cows and wouldn't stop even though we were yelling at him to stop. The yelling made the cows start mooing and now Dylan is scared of cows. LOL!!)


Special highlights: Dylan didn't pee in his diaper all day Saturday. He went potty everytime. He even woke up dry Saturday morning and from his nap. YEAH, DYLAN!!

It was nice to see my family. It was also nice to realize that Dylan is now old enough to remember them from visit to visit. We talked all week about going to Grandma's house and he was so excited for the trip. He couldn't wait to see Grandma and Papa and Uncle Mike. If we are lucky, we see someone in my family every other month or so, but we aren't always lucky. We try to keep Dylan aquainted with them through phone calls and pictures. I think it is working. For a while, it took Dylan up to an hour sometimes to warm up to my mom or dad. The only person who he never seems to forget is my brother. He would always run straight into my brother's arms whenever he saw him. That just have that kind of connection, I guess. All in all - a good weekend.

1 comment:

mamatulip said...

WOO HOO! Way to go Dylan, using the potty! That's awesome. Julia went on a three-day-in-a-row streak last week and then wanted absolutely nothing to do with the potty. I didn't push her and today when I asked her if she wanted to use it, she said yes, sat down and peed in it.

I know what you mean about Dylan remembering family members from visit to visit. Isn't that cool? I love it when Julia talks about things she's done with various family members. It surprises me how much she actually remembers.