Thursday, November 17, 2005

So, what's going on . . .

  • Dylan is recovering from some type of stomach virus. I got a call from daycare on Thursday afternoon and he was out of school Friday and really clingy through the weekend. I think it's the same one that Jason had last weekend.
  • Friday, we just stayed home. But about 5:00, we needed to get out, so we went to Wal-mart. I completed my Christmas list for my nephew. Dylan helped to pick out the last two toys. He vetoed my first choice. LOL!!
  • Saturday morning we went and Dylan got his haircut. He cried, but a lot less than last time. That's progress, right?!?
  • I had a blast on Saturday night with Dylan. We went to Toys R Us. We spent about 2 hours just wandering around the store and playing with everything. He played at the train table (we must get one of those as soon as we get a bigger house), trucks, trucks, trucks, bicycles, jeeps, trucks, trucks, trucks. As we were leaving, I was letting him sit in one of the rides (this one was an ice cream truck). I hadn't put any money in it, he just likes to sit and turn the wheel. Well, a little girl walks up, so Dylan climbs in the back and lets her "drive". Her grandma puts some money in and Dylan got a free ride. Normally, when the thing starts moving he freaks out, but he really enjoyed it. Sigh ~ he is growing up so fast.
  • Sunday we went to the park. Again, more proof of what a big boy he is getting to be. In the past, whenever anyone would walk up to him, he would just shut down. If he was climbing a ladder and someone walked in front of him, he would let go and try to get down as fast as he could. Now, he just keeps going. You can tell he is still a little uncomfortable with the new kids, but he's not letting them stop his good time.
  • We are all getting ready for our Thanksgiving trip to visit Jason's dad. It takes a lot of planning and 9 or 10 hours of driving to get there, so I hope it's worth it. It would just be so much easier if he would just come to us. Jason and his sister live within an hour of each other. And we both have kids. UGH!! I guess I should really stop complaining. This is the only time of year we ever travel to see him. But, then again, he only visits 3 or 4 times a year at best. And, I think he lied to us. He told us that his DIRECTV would be down for the entire Thanksgiving holiday weekend (Wed-Sun). It seemed fishy that an entire area would be planned to be out of service over a holiday weekend, so I emailed DIRECTV asking if there was a planned outage. They actually got back to me and said that they couldn't find anything for area that we are going to be in. They even went so far as to say that they only schedule outages for the middle of the night (to affect the fewest # of people possible) and they only last about 15 minutes. I actually believe that FIL is going to do something to unplug his service. Last year, his girlfriend got upset that Jason and BIL were watching football games instead of visiting - so I think she put him up to it. I haven't, and probably won't, say anything about what I found out because we are bringing a portable DVD player so I can watch movies. It just makes me mad that I think they are lying to us.
  • Really must spend some time cleaning the house and doing laundry this weekend. I don't want to come back to a messy house after the holidays.

Christmas list shopping update:

  1. Dylan - almost done; need to pick up 1 or 2 more things
  2. Jason - not sure; I just ordered his main gift, but don't really know what we are going to spend on each other this year.
  3. Mom - almost done; 1 or 2 more things
  4. Dad - almost done; 1 or 2 more things
  5. Mike - only have 1 thing, but can't decide if I should just give him money for the rest of his present.
  6. MIL - only have 1 thing, but I think I am going to leave most of it up to Jason this year.
  7. FIL - done; we do Christmas for him @ Thanksgiving
  8. SIL - not started
  9. BIL - not started
  10. nephew - done
  11. GMIL - leaving it up to Jason, but he better get on it because we exchange with her @ Thanksgiving
  12. FIL's GF - leaving it up to Jason, but he better get on it because we exchange with her @ Thanksgiving

1 comment:

mamatulip said...

How bittersweet...your little guy is growing up. Sounds like he's really making strides. :)

I'm the same way as you -- I *hate* coming home to a messy house.