Monday, October 24, 2005

Random Thoughts

  • Dylan is growing up so fast. He just amazes me more and more everyday. His vocabulary is exploding and he is starting to develop empathy (or is it sympathy) when someone gets hurt. (He is usually the one who caused the hurt, but he is very quick to say sorry. Last night, he even apologized to the house because he ran into the wall. Funny stuff, I tell ya.)
  • I hate not being at home on the weekends. When we come home, there is so much to do and not enough time to do it. It's no wonder I can't keep up with the laundry. I'm never home long enough to complete a cycle (wash, dry, fold, put away).
  • More importantly, I hate spending the weekends with my ILs. I actually don't really mind it once we're there, but I hate the planning and build up that it takes to get to that point.
  • Professional changes may be occuring in our lives in the next year. Can't say more than that now, but stay tuned for further details.
  • On a completely unrelated note, keep your fingers crossed for me. I will let you know if it worked.
  • Saw my nephew, Ty, this weekend and he is getting so big. I guess that's what happens when you are eating more babyfood at 6 mo than you are taking bottles. (BTW, I hate to judge like that, but my BIL and SIL have made some crazy parenting choices and this is just one more in the long line of them.)
  • Does it bother anyone else when Moms or MILs by seasonal clothing for you child? My MIL bought Dylan a Halloween t-shirt. Nice jesture, but she never seems to consider that I always buy these things myself (and I love going shopping for said items). For Dylan's first Christmas, she insisted on buying his Christmas pjs and she always gets him an Easter basket. Again, nice jestures, but I just feel like she is infringing on me.
  • Lots of things swirling in my head that I can't really put out there yet, but need to acknowledge here anyway.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Idea for the seasonal clothing...

My girls wear things like Halloween and Christmas shirts to bed as PJs after the season is over. Or under other shirts/sweaters where you can't see that they're a holiday shirt. As layers under their snowsuits. And sometimes, I just let them wear them when they paint. LOL!

As for the Easter basket thing, my girls get baskets from us, my parents, Steve's dad, Steve's mom, my brother, my sister, and my aunt. It's freakin' INSANE! LOL! The basket thing wouldn't bother me so much, but the Xmas PJs would. That's MY territory, and always will be. ;)

Lisa said...

I'll remember the idea about recycling the seasonal clothing. Thanks!! I tend to just pack it away after the season is over. I actually think I would take great pleasure in letting him paint in some of the things she has given him.

mamatulip said...

*~fingers are crossed*~

I agree with Alien -- season clothing make great PJ's. Or rags. ;)

Allison said...

LOL Lisa about the painting! Seriously though, I always just start considering them "long-sleeved" layering shirts. And as long as another shirt is over top and you can't see the bat/snowman/Christmas tree, etc., it's all good. ;)