Monday, September 12, 2005

Man, that pisses me off!!

Last week we got a note from Dylan's daycare saying that today was Grandparent's Luncheon Day. Jason and I discussed it and decided that it was best not to even mention it to Cyndi (Jason's mom) - she is the only one who could have made it. We know she would have loved to go, but we thought it would be too hard on Dylan. He has a really hard time at drop off in the mornings and we didn't want to ruin his naptime with her leaving him after lunch.

Well, apparently, she wanted to drop by the school today to see him or she was driving by his school for some reason (she has Mondays off) and she saw the sign out in front of the school announcing the Grandparent's Lunch and she called all upset that we hadn't told her about it. I didn't get to talk to her, so she called Jason. He explained to her why we hadn't told her, but because she was already at the school he told her she could go ahead and eat lunch, if she wanted to.

So, she called me after lunch and, very smuggly, told me that he hadn't cried when she left. He asked to take him home and he started to cry, but then one of the teachers held him and he waved bye-bye to her. She said he was really, really sleepy, so she thinks that could be why he didn't put up much of a fight. He didn't eat lunch (but ate 2 pieces of cake), but I can't really blame that on her because he is going through a picky phase right now anyway.

So, on the one hand, I am glad it went well. On the other hand, I am pissed she was on our side of town (she lives an hour in the other direction), I am pissed she "forced" Jason to change our position on this issue (I don't really blame him on this one because if she had talked to me first and was sitting outside of his school, I would have told her to go ahead as well), I am pissed that she will play the "victim" in the scenario anyway, I am pissed that she didn't think enough of our position as parents to honor our wishes even though she says she understood the reasoning, but more than anything else I am pissed that if he had pitched a fit when she left, it could have all been prevented. I know, I know, he didn't pitch a fit, but we won't know the full effect of her visit until we get Dylan's daily report today. She better pray it's a good one.

No comments: