Thursday, July 03, 2008

Strep

I think both the boys may have strep throat. Their Nana kept the boys Thursday night while I went to "boot camp" (another post for another day), but started feeling bad on Friday. She was diagnosed with strep on Saturday.

Brady is cranky and sounds strange when he cries. He also has a weird cough, almost croupy. Dylan says his throat feels "funny" and "weird", but it doesn't hurt. (YET??) So, with it being a holiday weekend, we went to the doctor's office. Because what is a holiday without a visit to the doctor, right?!?!

The rapid strep test came back negative, but I have heard they aren't completely reliable. Both of the boys throats were a little red and the doctor admitted it could be the very beginnings of strep. But it could also just be a virus.

We have well-checks for both boys on Monday (Dylan - 5 years, Brady - 15 months). So, if they are both still icky, we will probably retest. The one good thing the doctor said though - if one of them has it, she will give meds to both to be safe.

Wish us luck through the holidays, very limited doctors hours and I hate the ER.

No comments: