On Thursday of last week, I took Dylan to get registered for kindergarten. I was a little concerned because I knew that the kindergarten teachers completed a simple assessment of the kids abilities; however, Dylan is my shy child. I was concerned that he would clam up and then not want to go to the school in the fall. Now, don't get me wrong, Dylan is a smart little boy and knows pretty much everything he needs to know to start kindergarten. BUT - I was worried he would be so shy that he just wouldn't answer the questions.
Kids always surprise you, though. He was a little hesitant to go with the teacher at first, but only for about 10 seconds. Then when he was finished he came running out saying the "he knew everything" (and the teacher did say that he did an awesome job).
The teacher also told me that the school is having a kinder-camp in July (4 days/2 hours a day) for the kids to get accustomed to the school and to meet some of the other upcoming kindergartners. She suggested that this might be good for Dylan so that he would feel more comfortable on the first day of school. Isn't that a great idea??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment