Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy New Year!!!

Well, another year has come and gone. I can't really say they seem to be going any faster since I am an adult (most people seem to think the years are flying by), but there does seem to be less distinction from one year to the next. Growing up, it seems like so many new things were happening in each year. Now, not so much. So, here are a few of the things that stand out as the highlights and lowlights of 2005 (if they didn't make the list, I probably just don't remember them).

  • Dylan is growing into an awesome little boy. He is no longer my baby, though he doesn't appear to notice it. I think I am okay with that for a while.
  • Landscaped the backyard. It still looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.
  • Became an aunt.
  • Started trying to potty train Dylan. He's doing pretty good.
  • Made out a Last Will & Testament and Legal Guardianship papers.
  • Went to Vegas for the first time. We had a blast. We need to make arrangements to go back.
  • Started TTC.
  • Dylan built his first snowman over Thanksgiving.
  • Had a lot of stupid fights, but nothing too serious.
  • Conceived and miscarried.

Goals for 2006:

  • Get Dylan to fall asleep on his own and sleep in his own bed for at least the majority of each night.
  • Walk at least three times a week to get into better shape and maybe lose some weight.
  • Get Dylan daytime potty trained (I'm not so concerned about nighttime training yet).
  • Start scrapbooking again (paper and electronic).

To you and yours, I wish you a Happy New Year.

May this next year lead you to twice the good and half the bad as the last year.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Happy New Year to you too Lisa!

geenalyn said...

Happy New Year Lisa!! :)

mamatulip said...

Happy New Year to you, Jason and Dylan. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, ##NAME##. you've certainly been busy with that blog. Impressive. All the best, Rex, ##LINK##