Thursday, June 18, 2009

Busy, Busy

We've tried to keep busy so far this summer.

We have gotten library cards and are enjoying getting new books every week or so. The only complaint I have about our library is that they don't have more than one copy of most books.

Dylan has completed one sports camp and has a soccer camp scheduled for next week. He seems to enjoy the activity and always looks forward to the next day.

We've been going to the pool. Both boys LOVE it. Dylan especially likes going down our big water slide. Brady likes playing in the kiddie pool, but has been venturing over to the big pool more and more.

We've spent some time at the park in our neighborhood and at one of the county parks. The kids love to run and slide.

We've started taking walks in the evening as a family. I really hope this continues. It easy exercise and would be a great thing to instill in the kids. A family stroll after dinner is a good thing to grow up doing.

We've gone to Chuck-E-Cheese a few times and plan to hit a few more fun things.

Dylan's behavior has been pretty good so far. I think he likes being able to stay home and not have to go to school. I also think it helps that we are staying busy. I have noticed that the days we don't/aren't able to get out and do something that he acts up more. I think he just gets bored.

Well, it is getting hot here and the pool is calling. I think we may wait until after dinner though - less chance of getting burned.

2 comments:

mccoy5 said...

good times!

Kimmykay said...

Dylan sounds like Charlotte. She needs to be busy (with some down time) and regular meals or all heck breaks loose.

Glad you summer is going strong.