Monday, February 23, 2009

Getting on a Schedule

  1. I am a procrastinator. I work best under pressure and I can not for the life of me make myself work ahead.
  2. I love lists. I love crossing "to do"s off of my lists.
So, I am now trying to combine these two conflicting parts of my personality into some semblance of a schedule for housekeeping/cleaning/decluttering/etc.

I am going to vacuum, dust, mop, clean once a week. One day downstairs, one day upstairs. I am going to work through one room/group of rooms the other three days during the week on a rotating basis throughout each month. This way, I should not have to do any housework other than picking up on the weekends and the house should always be company ready.

I am making a schedule with detailed lists of what I want to accomplish each day. I am setting deadlines. This way I am almost constantly marking off my "to do"s and I am also working against a deadline in order to satisfy my inner-procrastinator.

1 comment:

mccoy5 said...

I love lists too - email me yours when its done! HA!