Friday, October 03, 2008

Dylan's Nose

I got a call from Dylan's school yesterday. He had fallen down some steps at recess and hit his nose. It bled quite a bit and the nurse was afraid he may have broken his nose. So, we rushed to the pediatrician's office and got him checked out.

(Can I just say I love our pediatricians? The doctors, not the office staff, took it upon themselves to get us in and out in under twenty minutes. Most of the doctors were on their lunch break and one of them saw us sitting in the waiting room (by ourselves) and said there was no reason we should have to hang out all afternoon just so she could shine a light up his nose and then send us home or to the ER.)

His nose was not broken - just some soft tissue damage. He is a little bruised, but the swelling has gone way down. We actually expected him to wake up with raccoon eyes today, but he escaped that fate. Actually, for as bad as his nose looked yesterday, I am suprised at how little bruising there is today.



1 comment:

mccoy5 said...

glad he is okay!!! :)