Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

  • Dad is still in hospital. He has had several set backs, but appears to finally be on the upswing. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but he will wind up needing chemo (which we originally thought could be avoided). One of the twenty-four lymph nodes they biopsied came back showing a trace amount of cancer. But, he will be able to do the chemo closer to home instead of up here (four hours from home).
  • Why do the Christmas and New Year's holidays always fall on year-end for my company? And if by some wierd chance it isn't actually year-end, then it is always month end.
  • I have started working part-time for my SIL doing child life histories for children that were taken into DFCS care. Most of these kids are on their way to be adopted or will be soon. I write up their past family, medical, school, etc. history. These serve two purposes. They allow the potential adoptive family to get an overview of the child and they allow the child (when they get older) to have potentially important information about parts of their childhood that they don't remember.
  • Another formalwear company is in the process of purchasing my company and I have found out that it is more than likely that I (and my entire office building) will be laid off by the end of the year (2007). Surprising, I am not all that worried. The widely-believed rumor is that we will be getting a pretty nice severance package.
  • I am hoping that I can turn the part time work for my SIL into a full-enough time stay-at-home gig to be able not to have to go "back to work". Hopefully, I will find out something for sure before I have to go out on maternity leave.
  • We went to a nice, relaxing New Year's Eve party in our neighborhood. We got to meet some of our neighbors that we hadn't met yet and kids were invited. After only a few minutes of clinging to his daddy, Dylan started to play with the other kids. The kids had a great time in the family's second story bonus room and the adults mingled and ate yummy appetizers. We did go home early, but I was afraid we wouldn't make it to midnight (and if we did Dylan would be a monster the next day).
  • I know there is more, but for the life of me I can't remember it. So,

HAPPY 2007, EVERYBODY!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your father is still in my thoughts (and so are you). If you need anyone to talk to, don't hesitate to email me.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about your dad; it's hard that he has to do the chemo, but good news that he was caught early and all other lymph nodes are clear. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the job works out as you're hoping.

Happy New Year back at you...it's going to be an exciting one for your family!