Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Potty Dance


I just have to share that Dylan has been in underwear since last Tuesday. He has been wearing it to daycare and has had minimal accidents. I still put a pullup on him at night, but he has only woken up wet 2 nights since we started this process. It's like putting the underwear on him made it just click for him (and offering 2 jellybeans for a pee in the potty and 4 for a poop in the potty probably didn't hurt either). YEAH, DYLAN!!!

Last week was spring break here. Traditionally, a lot of kids don't go to daycare during spring break. On Monday, I asked Dylan's teacher if we could send him to school in underwear because he was doing well for us on the weekends. She said yes and we haven't looked back. The first couple of days he had one or two accidents a day. Toward the end of the week, he was really getting the hang of it. I even set up a "treasure box" with some cheap toys so he can pick one prize out for each accident free day at daycare (the first day he wore underwear to daycare he got a prize just for trying so hard). However, anytime we put him back in a pullup, he has no desire to potty. He knows the difference without a doubt.

He still won't poop on the potty, but when I put his nighttime pullup on him he goes almost immediately. I know that it will happen in time. And, since he's not pooping in his underwear, I really don't mind that much that he waits for a pullup. At least he's going and not getting constipated.

I know we will still probably have some accidents along the way (who doesn't??), but I am so proud of my little guy.

3 comments:

EE said...

WTG Dylan! That's awesome Lisa, definately something to be proud about! :)

mamatulip said...

YAY DYLAN!!

Emily said...

It took a while for my boys to poop in the potty...I guess its pretty normal for them to hold off on that part.

But dry undies are worthy of celebration! YAY DYLAN!