Not me, Dylan.
Several weeks ago, I mentioned that Dylan had swollen glands and strep throat. Well, 10 days of antibiotics and his glands were still swollen. I gave it another week or so and saw no improvement. So, back to the doctor we go.
DR: Yes, his glands are swollen. No, he doesn’t have strep throat. His tonsils are a little large, but he will probably “grow into them”.
ME: Um, okay.
DR: And, you don’t need to worry about cancer.
ME: Excuse me, CANCER?!?!?!
DR: You don’t need to worry about it. Some parents bring their kids in with swollen glands and are really worried about cancer. So, if you were worrying about it, I wanted you to know you didn’t need to.
ME (laughing, but not really finding it funny): Well, I wasn’t worried, but I probably will now. Thanks!!
So, I am off to do research about pediatric cancer of the glands and throat. Fun, fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That was kind of a stupid thing for him to say to you, off the cuff like that, no?
Um, yeah. And, on top of that, apparently I failed to mention this part of the dicussion to Jason and he learned about it here. DOH!!
Oops.
Its should be against the law for any doctor to say the word "cancer" unless he is saying you definatly have it. It should be like saying bomb in an airport.
Yikes.
Post a Comment